Real Time VFX Artist
Remote / London, UK
Omeda Studios is looking for a Real Time VFX Artist Programmer to work on Predecessor, a highly anticipated Third Person Action MOBA. A successful candidate should have a strong understanding of best practices with Unreal Engine, implementing new and exciting gameplay features within a multiplayer environment. We work closely with other disciplines to help them realise their ideas.
You will be first and foremost a team player, while also having the ability to be self-motivated, work autonomously and have the desire to lead their department.
In this role you will
● Create outstanding effects for our gamers by bringing dramatic effects to life.
● Ability to create all art needed for the visual effects, include FX concept, proto and final FX.
● Work closely with the Tech Director, helping to hire, mentor and championing best practices across the engineering team.
● You will use your advanced knowledge and experience to own technical design and implementation of large-scale game features.
● You will help drive the project forward by working with the Technical Director to plan and maintain roadmaps.
● Employing a can-do attitude to solve difficult problems as part of an agile, fast-moving, and highly focussed team.
● Ensure the technical approach being proposed for a given feature satisfies both the surface-level, and deeper, engineering-specific requirements.
● Propose architecture and lead the vision for the different gameplay AI systems needed to deliver mentioned features.
What we are looking for
● Must have a strong reel/portfolio showing executed Real Time FX work
● You have a critical eye for the timing, animation, and motion of real world objects and visual FX with an ability to bring dramatic FX to life with flair
● Ability to create all art needed for the FX
● Abilities in a secondary areas such as modeling, skinning, animation, or lighting
● The ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical teams.
● Desire and knowledge of how to push our effects and workflow further
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
● Console experience
● Self-motivated, strong work ethic, and able to work independently.
● Creativity in problem-solving and the ability to think outside of the established solutions.
Nice to haves
● Experience working on a live service game.
● Experience with real-time networked multiplayer games
● Professional Unreal Engine 4 dev experience
● Passionate about MOBAs
● Stock options
● Fully remote role
● Start-Up studio means you are heavily involved from the beginning.
Are you interested? Please contact email@example.com